Membership Dues: Annual Manufacturing Membership dues are based on the manufacturing company's gross annual sales*.
Annual Dues Gross Annual Sales
- $2,400 USD Sales over $2,000,001
- $1,200 USD Sales between $500,001 to $2,000,000
- $600 USD Sales under $500,000**
*Architectural woodwork sales as defined for dues purposes means: Total sales of exterior and interior woodwork, panel work, partition work, casework and fixtures as supplied or manufactured for all types of buildings. All components and related services performed by an AWI member thereto are included, which are further identified as including wood, metal, laminates, plastics, fabrics, glass, doors, windows, hardware, design work, finishing and installation. Each declaration shall further include total sales of all plants operating under a single entity.
**All manufacturing companies with gross annual sales under $500,000 must additionally complete and submit an AWI Small Business Program application form with membership application. Click here to download the form.
- AWI Logo: Market your company through the use of AWI's logo on your company's promotional material. Affiliation of your firm with AWI links you to an internationally recognized association representing the architectural woodwork industry.
- AWI Website: Your company profile will appear on AWI's website
- Design Solutions Magazine: Your company will be listed in Design Solutions Magazine, AWI's flagship quarterly magazine distributed to over 18,000 architects across North America.
- Award of Excellence Program: Participation in the Award of Excellence program. If selected, your company's work will be published in Design Solutions Magazine. AOE honorees promote their company's capabilities through copies of the magazine for their existing and potential customers.
- Speaker's Bureau: The opportunity to join AWI's Speaker Bureau and become the "local woodwork expert" to the design community by offering AWI's AIA-approved education programs.
Education and Professional Development:
- AWI National Education Events: Educational seminars, plant tours and workshops deliver woodwork industry education on Estimating, Financial Management, Marketing, Contracts and Project Management. New AWI Manufacturer Members receive a $500 discount off event registration with the first year of membership!
- Workshops: Workshops at AWI Chapters, trade shows, and AWI's Professional Development and Leadership events provide insights on strategic planning, offer perspectives on important issues, enhance professional expertise and builds a network of other AWI Members just like you.
- Webinars: AWI offers members complimentary webinars on topics ranging from education on the AWS and QCP to Contracts, Financial Management and many more.
Publications & Other Benefits
- Architectural Woodwork Standards (AWS): The AWS includes compliance criteria to ensure that all millwork manufacturers are competing equally when bidding on projects and they are obligated to perform work of equal quality. The Standards, as in both previous publications, encompass three grades of quality: Economy, Custom and Premium. The AWS also includes a comprehensive glossary of terms.
- eCost Book
- Design Solutions Magazine: AWI's flagship quarterly magazine, a vehicle for educating architects and design professionals about quality architectural woodwork and the merits of incorporating it into their projects.
- NewsBriefs and e-briefs: Ebriefs, our semi-monthly electronic update and NewsBriefs, our monthly print newsletter, provide current and breaking member and industry news.
- Cost of Doing Business Survey Report and Compensation Study: The report from AWI's annual CODB survey is a source of industry specific business, financial, and human capital benchmark data to assist members in improving financial and human capital performance.
- Best Practices Program
- Technical Assistance for Architectural Woodwork Questions
- AWI Event Registration
- AWI Store Publications
- AWI Quality Certification Corporation's Quality Certification Program